GUELPH CAR INSURANCE
Compare & Save When You Shop for Car Insurance in Guelph.
Guelph Car Insurance
Known as the Royal City thanks to being named after a royal family in England, Guelph lies at the intersection of Highway 6 and 7 in Ontario. A diverse economy, clean environment and Canada’s lowest unemployment rate have helped Guelph consistently rank as one of the best places to live in Canada.
Guelph is also one of the best places to drive in Ontario with its population and lesser congested streets, getting to Guelph Central Train Station is never too difficult. Even with its safer roads than similar cities, it’s still necessary to have some sort of car insurance as with any other place in Canada.
What are the Average Auto Insurance Rates in Guelph?
Thanks to its geographical location, which has Guelph sitting just outside the reach of the GTA, residents can rejoice when it comes to the city’s average car insurance rate. Due to its location, generally safer roads and less congestion in comparison to other areas in Ontario, drivers who live in Guelph can expect to pay an insurance premium somewhere around the region of $1,128.
This average insurance rate is calculated based upon a 35-year- old male driver with a clean record, so your premium may be subject to change. The current average rate for Ontario as a province is $1,458 but even so, it’s important to shop around and compare different rates in order try and get the best deal!
Source: Kanetix Study
*Actual Quoting Data. Based On A Clean Driving Record.
Tips for Driving in Guelph
Guelph isn’t the largest city but nevertheless, it may pay dividends to understand what locals know when it comes to driving in the city and that’s why we put together the following tips:
- Guelph is always regarded as one of the better places to drive in Ontario but the city is still subject to plenty of construction, use the city website to keep up to date with developments.
- Like pretty much all Canadian cities, there will be snow and this is no different in Guelph which has its fair share during winter. This can make it tricky to navigate the roads and a nightmare for insurance, so make sure snow tires are in use if required.
- Guelph is one of the oldest cities in Canada, dating back to the mid 19th century so when driving through the streets keep a look out for a number of Victorian heritage homes.
The Most Dangerous Intersections in Guelph
Along with the number of collisions recorded in Guelph, the same report also detailed the more dangerous intersections where you are most likely to have an accident. The top 3 for Guelph were:
- Edinburgh Road/Wellington Street
- Edinburgh Road/Stone Road
- Gordon Street/Wellington Street
Collision Statistics in Guelph
Like any other city Guelph has collisions and the numbers are here to show that, the latest report was conducted by the Guelph police the following statistics were recorded:
- Total number of collisions for 2017 – 2,751
- Total injuries from collisions for 2017: 331
- Total number of collisions for 2016 – 2,916
Source: Guelph Collision Report, 2017
Car insurance quotes in Ontario can be somewhat overwhelming with the high prices and plentiful different insurance providers out there to choose from. To help you in your search and make your decision easier we […]
Car insurance rates in Ontario can be high so finding a car that you can afford and actually want at the same time can be difficult. Different cars come with different premiums, so when it […]
Typically the terms young driver and affordable rates are not used in the same sentence. Due to the fact that drivers in Canada under the age of 25 are considered to be higher risks, auto […]